Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Happiness is: Going to the Saint Louis Symphony!!!

Yes it is indeed! I love it so much that I must sigh that line every Saturday, after leaving Powell Symphony Hall and sinking back into the seat of my SUV: Ahhhhhh... happiness is going to the symphony! I am a Parisian gal, as you may recall from my Beijing blogs, and so I am quite spoiled when it comes to the classical offerings of a world class city. The Saint Louis Symphony can keep up with that expectation with ease: they are simply marvelous! So here is what I imagine as an advertisement campaign:Use Schroeder the piano player from Peanuts, to represent SLSO, and have Lucy give him his repartees. And the top slogan would be: Happiness is going to the Symphony!Well, believe it or not, but I find that our very beloved own David Robertson, Conductor of the SLSO, even could have been the model for Schroeder. If I had to carricaturize him, he'd end up looking like Schroedi!
I called that idea in and talked to Kristy, their VP marketing manager. Let's see if they like it and adopt it.

No comments: